Sunday, July 31, 2011

Underneath 6th Street Bridge, L.A. Part II

Leaving the 6th Street Bridge, we wondered beneath another bridge which was under construction. It was rather interesting with all the details of machines, construction materials, trash...etc. Here it was much darker so it was a good place to test my strobe! This is my first experience using an off camera strobe photographing a person. I mounted the strobe on my tripod, this tripod was passed on to me from my Dad! He had this since the 70's when he first bought it along with the Nikon F2. Though this tripod only extends to slightly above my waist...so a lot of times I was lighting the face from below, creating a lot of dracula-ish shadows! Well it sort of worked out by accident on a guy and a construction site as backdrop, but those shadows were not too pleasing! Something new I have learned then! Later some construction guys showed up, I mumbled to them I was a photography student, we hurried to finish up and had to leave! Felt like an Art Center Student all over!


Makes zero sense to have Simon next to a CAT machine..but oh well I guess I just liked the colors!


'One Man, One Trash Can, One Mission....'quoted Jaysen Lee

Lighting worked out better here, since he was sitting down and the strobe did not have to light him from below...

Dracula shadows....


Oops, construction guys coming to kick us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment