Sunday, July 31, 2011

Underneath 6th Street Bridge, L.A.

Waking up Saturday morning, we absolutely did not have any plans for this weekend! So I decided to take my strobe out and experiment with my newly acquired skill, using a remote external flash! And without much of a choice, once again I made my hub plus his favorite piece of 'toy' as my model/object. My hub and most of his friends are cars fanatics, one time our friend Scot drove us around downtown L.A. close to Little Tokyo. He told us the industrial area around the 4th and 6th bridges by the L.A. river are often used as location for commercials, movies...etc. In minutes we whipped up the perfect plan, that was to have dark malty German beer, hot dogs and fat cut fries at Wurstkuche, then a quick photoshoot! There are indeed a lot of neat run-down industrial looking streets to take photographs...I could have spend all afternoon but my hub complained about having back pain.. -_-"....Under the bridge here, I was practicing using natural lighting in open shades...

Absolutely not encouraging smoking here, in fact I really DISLIKE!!


I like the geometric shapes created by the bridge's shadow....

From a professional stand point, I believe the goal is to minimize all the shadows reflecting off the car, unfortunately with my very limited skills I am unable to achieve such effect, if you look carefully you can see my legs reflecting off the car :P


Yoz...



Looking for harsh shadows, always make great black and whites!

This is my favorite shot, love the little plastic chair I brought along! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment