Sunday, November 27, 2011

Catherine on 3rd St. - The Green Batch!

Every time I go shoot, I get cold feet...I get really nervous, that during the shoot I won't find good lights, can't find the right spots to shoot, can't pose my subjects, and everything would come up blurry, colors all wrong, and just crappy pictures overall! So the second half of a photo session is usually a little easier for me, both the model and I are more relaxed. You know I really come to appreciate all professional photographers...it's a trade not just about your skills, but your personality as well. You got to be a people's person...frantically pick up personality traits of your subject quickly, making them feel comfortable and have confidence in you...all within a very short amount of time. Catherine put on a green top for the second half of our session. I guess subconsciously I was drawn to finding green backdrops! Catherine wanted a more colorful shoot for her portfolio...I hope these will add to it! The sun came down quickly around 4:30pm...a winter sunset comes early, warm and low to the horizon! Thank you Catherine for having so much patience for the entire afternoon...and such a relief it was not a parking ticket she got!!

Shooting around Westside urban landscape it's quite interesting, there are lots of varieties in backdrops!

We found this quirky vacant green apartment to shoot at!


I love those two bright magenta flowers! Makes the picture looks very tropical!

Was very lucky that day, had an abundance of sunlight, even with all the buildings surrounding us!



Wanted to try a more 'vintage' look with these...


Catching the very last bit of sunlight before sunset...

Love those draping tree leaves!

Lighting, that's why they call it the golden hour...


Thanks Catherine for a whole afternoon of hard work, good job!





No comments:

Post a Comment