Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Colors of San Francisco

My 'relationship' with San Francisco began some 8 years ago. That summer after I graduated from Art Center, I hulked along my very heavy design portfolio, hoping to find a job there. All I remembered about the city were cable cars, Victorian homes, the hip North Beach from a short trip back in school, which made me sweared to myself, one day I would live and work in this city! My parents got in touched with our distant relative, Auntie Fung (she is god daughter to my grandmother, father's side) & Uncle Fung in San Francisco, and she was generous enough to take me in for 3 weeks while I bumped around looking for a job! I never found a job there...though I have grown very close to Auntie Fung and her children plus their families, now I call everybody cousins! We now try to meet whenever we can, either ski trips at Lake Tahoe, or when they come visit L.A. Words cannot describe how much I appreciate them. Now I love San Francisco not only because every bit of it exudes romance and love, but a whole lot of TLC I receive from all the Fungs!  This past weekend was mostly family time around Auntie Fung's neighborhood and wine tasting in Napa! Cousin Betty also took me to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, wish I've been wanting to go forever and she made my wish came true!  I'll post more pictures later...also stay tuned to another blog which I'll dedicate to Mr. Fung, my late Uncle.

Definitely not the most amazing shot of the Golden Gate Bridge, but I had to make cousin Betty to drop me off at the Vista Point and let me take a touristy snapshot.

I've always had a thing with empty benches,  this was taken during our morning stroll along a golf course/park.

Empty benches always remind me of the movie Notting Hill.

That morning was very gloomy, but I loved it, enough sun for me in L.A.

Patch of cotton candy cloud draping over houses in Sausalito, weather was really nice over there, without the heavy marine layer which always sits over San Francisco's skyline.

At first I thought the dog was fake, until it blinked at me!

Some side streets in Sausalito.

San Francisco Chinatown, I believe is one of the most classic Western interpretation of what a Chinatown should be in North America.

San Francisco Chinatown.

Just around the block by Auntie Fung's house.

Victorian House facade.

I love how houses in San Francisco are all budded up against each other, so darn cute!

Auntie's backyard.

Over looking neighbors' roofs...

That morning was extra gloomy and foggy, but I love the colors casted on everything...

Not the prettiest neighbor, but love those colors...

Cousin Dewitt planted a lot of orchids, their house = orchids galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment