Friday, August 19, 2011

The Winchester Mystery House, San Jose, CA

I came upon the story about The Winchester Mystery House one evening while surfing on the internet. This Mrs. Winchester, who was married to Mr. Winchester, the owner of the Winchester Firearm Company, spend many millions of dollars to renovate her house on a daily basis, in order to drive away evil spirits who she believed robbed the lives of her husband and son! I was quite intrigued by the story and it definitely made it to my to-do wish list. I arrived to San Francisco a day earlier, the next day, Betty and I ventured down to San Jose to visit the mansion. Pictures were not allowed inside the house, you will have to go check it out! http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/

Facade of the Winchester Mystery House.

To the left is the out house where Mrs. Winchester dries her apricots and exported to England to make a profit.



One of the many back sides to the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment